Skip to Content

Petition for Administrative "W"

Complete this form and attach required documentation to request Administrative Withdrawal (Grade of "W") for courses after a grading period has ended.

University Policy (PPS 4.09) states that Deans may grant Administrative W's for students that present documentation of extremely extenuating circumstances that prevented them from successfully completing coursework. 

  • To withdraw from all courses within a given semester, appeal to the College Dean for your major—this form is for majors in the College of Education.
  • To drop a single course or multiple courses, but not all courses in a semester, appeal to the Dean of the College where each course resides.

Financial Aid Consequences

Withdrawing from courses can have serious consequences for students receiving financial aid. In some cases, financial aid funds may have to be repaid. You are strongly encouraged to seek advice from the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships to learn the consequences you may face if granted Administrative W's. 

Understanding of Financial Aid Consequences (Required Field) *

Student Information

All fields with an asterisk (*) are required. 

Justification for Administrative "W" Request

Write a detailed explanation of the "extremely extenuating" circumstance that you would like to have considered for the Administrative W, including steps that have been taken to resolve the issue with your professor(s). 


By electronically signing this form, I affirm that all the information provided is accurate and authentic. 

If you have questions or need assistance with this form, contact the College of Education Dean's Office at 512.245.2150.