TXST Scholar-Practitioner Fellowship in Advanced Academics
Texas State University’s College of Education is offering a one-time TXST Scholar-Practitioner Fellowship in Advanced Academics for incoming M.Ed. in Secondary Education – Teaching Advanced Academics/Dual Credit students being admitted for Fall 2023 semester.
- 3-year commitment – 2 years as a graduate student; 1 year post-degree completion
- $2,000 in year 1 and $2,000 in year 2. Total = $4,000
- Fellows are required to take minimum 6 credit hours (2 courses) per semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer) and earn grades of B or higher in all courses.
Fellowship Awardee Commitment and Expectations:
- Generate cases studies or action research findings through coursework to inform a ground up view of the practice of Advanced Academics in fellowship recipient’s school/district.
- In the post-graduation year (year 3): participate in two virtual gatherings and a survey to inform research on implementation of Advanced Academics strategies.
- We encourage employing school districts to also provide some tuition support.