Skip to Content

Transfer a Certificate Out-of-State

Program Verification Form

Transferring your certificate to another state or country is a lengthy process. Requirements will vary by state or country.

Please note that even if you successfully transfer your certificate, you may still be required to complete additional coursework and/or exams to meet another state's requirements.

One step in the process of transferring your certificate will be verification from the Office of Educator Preparation that you completed a state-approved Educator Preparation Program (EPP). 

1. Visit the other state's or country's board of education or licensure office website.

2. Find their requirements for out-of-state or out-of-country certification applicants.

3. Download their form for transferring a certificate, often referred to as a Program Verification Form. Read their form for instructions (each state/country is different). 

4. Upload that Program Verification Form to this page. OR, if you just need a letter, upload a Word document with instructions about what you need the letter to verify about your experience in the EPP.

5. Allow up to 10 business days for the Office of Educator Preparation to complete your request.