Manage Your Award
Managing a grant can be overwhelming! In collaboration with the College of Education Principle/Co- Investigator(s), the COERO Research Coordinator for Post-Award Administration provides financial management assistance, guidance, and consultations. Support is provided to navigate and explain the many processes associated with receiving an award and provide advice for unique situations that can occur due to unexpected project changes after proposal submission, during award negotiations, or new developments in any active project year.
Should you have a question and are unsure to whom you should address it, please contact the Post-Award Research Coordinator to point you in the right direction!
Research Coordinator for Post-Award Administration
ED 2134 | 512.245.2041 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebecca is available to assist faculty with preparing proposal budgets, post-award set-up and administration, and monitoring internal and external grants.
Rebecca earned her Doctor of Jurisprudence (J.D.) at Boalt Hall School of Law (University of California, Berkeley). Prior to joining the COERO team, Rebecca worked as the Graduate Student Funding Specialist with The Graduate College at Texas State University, administering scholarships, fellowships, and student travel; supervising graduate student employment; and providing funding training for the campus community and prospective graduate students.
The Post-Award Research Coordinator can assist with:
- Review of account set up by the central office
- Setup of Indirect Cost Account (also referred to as Facilities & Administrative costs)
- Develop an expenditure/spending plan with the Principal Investigator (P.I.)
- Monitor grant research expenditures
- Provide monthly grant budget updates/reports
- Provide unofficial grant ad hoc financial reports or projections
- Coordinate vendor purchases/payments, travel requests and reimbursements, and personnel hires with appropriate department staff or grant project staff
- Assist in providing clarification on institutional policies and procedures
- Assist with processing grant Research Cash Advance Request so that the P.I. can provide payment to Human Research Subjects
- Assist P.I. with Research Cash Advance Reconciliation
- Assist P.I. with processing grant Participant Support payments
- Serve as the liaison with other university offices